[Paraview] point probe with vtkPProbeFilter

tholozano@gmx.de tholozano at gmx . de
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:59:18 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

I´m currently programming a vtk pipeline which make a point probe by
sampling the scalar value at specific xyz coordinates. The Input of my
vtkPProbeFilter is a vtkPointSource positioned at that coordinates. So long my pipeline
works fine, I can see the final result inside my wireframed object. My point
has the correct scalar values. My problem is, that I cannot get this result,
this float value which represents my color at the specific point.
Then I tried ParaView making the same, a point probe inside my data.
Paraview presents that sampled value in the middle of the parameters tab of the
probe.
Does annyone of you know how I can get that value in my vtk-pipeline outside
ParaView?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

--