[Paraview] installing vtkTcl.h, vtkTK.h

Gary J. Templet gjtempl at sandia . gov
11 Jun 2003 11:36:11 -0700

Hi,

It looks like the command 'gmake install' in today's vtk nightlies
doesn't install 'vtkTcl.h' and 'vtkTk.h' along with the other vtk header
files.

This issue arose when compiling ParaView with an installed build of vtk;
ParaView complained about not finding these files. So, I copied them by
hand to INSTALL_DIR/vtk/include/vtk and things were fine.

I also had to create a link to INSTALL_DIR/vtk/lib/VTK/libDICOMParser.a
in INSTALL_DIR/vtk/lib/lib so ParaView would see it. However, it's
probably better to add the path to this file into the ParaView cmake
setup.

Am I correct in assuming that vtkTcl.h and vtkTk.h should be installed
along with the other vtk*.h files?

I'm using gcc-3.2.2 and CMake-1.6.7 to build ParaView in an
out-of-source build which links to installed versions of VTK.

Thanks,
Gary