[Paraview] Are GetMacro/SetMacro Necessary for Source Modules?

Andy Cedilnik andy . cedilnik at kitware . com
17 Jul 2003 15:28:05 -0400

Hi Daniel,

ParaView just calls tcl method something like:

("%s Set%s %d", source->GetTclName(), method, value);

So, if your source is vtkSphereSource vtkTemp634 and your method is
ThetaResolution, then the call will look like this:

vtkTemp634 SetThetaResolution 100

That means you do not have to use set/get macros. That said, make sure
that things will get wrapped (no //BTX//ETX) and that the arguments are
in the right format:

set macro creates:

virtual void SetMethod(type value);

get macro creates:

virtual type GetMethod();

What do you mean by XML definitions for the modules?

			Andy