[Paraview] using paraview with CAVElib

Charles Law charles.law@kitware.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:22:04 -0500

Hello Steven,

I do not have much experience using VTK and CAVELib, but I assume that
there are special vtkMapper, vtkActor or vtkRenderers which do this.  You
should be able to add these special subclasses in ParaView and make it
work.  All of these objects are created through Tcl calls, so It should be
easy to make the substitution.  If you are not using MPI, then ParaView
skips creating the composite manager, so you do not need to worry about that.

The renderer/render window is created in vtkPVRenderView in the
"CreateRenderObjects" method.

The actor and mapper are created in vtkPVData in release 0.6, but are
created in vtkPVPart in the nightly CVS repository.

There is an environment variable (PV_SEPARATE_RENDER_WINDOW) that when set
causes the render window and the UI  to be in separate windows.  You may
need this option.

Charles.