[Paraview] Running ParaView with MPI

Berk Geveci berk.geveci@kitware.com
07 Feb 2003 15:33:48 -0500

ParaView doesn't make any calls to require system resources nor
does it ever ask to be run a certain processor (it can't anyway,
there is no such standard MPI call). Therefore, it will use whatever
the operating system and/or the MPI library gives it. Of course,
unless you are doing some expansive computation, there is no reason
why ParaView should use all the processor time available. It will
idle until it is asked to compute something. This might be true
even if you are interacting with an object since, when using hardware
accelerated rendering, the graphics processor will take the
actual load.