[Paraview] version of VTK?

Randy Heiland heiland@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:18:33 -0600

Thanks Amy.  Your 'cvs update -A' reply did the trick.

Now, to cause more trouble... what is it about ParaView that requires Tcl/Tk
8.2.3?  I'd built VTK w/ Tcl 8.3 and so now when I try to run ParaView, get:

mason 464% ./ParaView
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    /ThisIsNotAPath/Tcl/lib/tcl8.2

/ThisIsNotAPath/Tcl/lib/tcl8.2/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl":
have 8.3, need 8.2
version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.3, need 8.2
    while executing
"package require -exact Tcl 8.2"
    (file "/ThisIsNotAPath/Tcl/lib/tcl8.2/init.tcl" line 4)
    invoked from within
"source /ThisIsNotAPath/Tcl/lib/tcl8.2/init.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

Is there any hope of using Tcl 8.3 with ParaView?

I've tried to flush whatever Tcl knowledge I used to have :), but fwiw, I have:
TCLLIBPATH=<pathto>/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl

thanks for any insight,
--Randy