[Paraview] Compiling ParaView on MacOSX10.2

Rich Gronostajski rgron@buffalo.edu
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 13:46:21 -0500

I managed to build a CMakeCache.txt file that shows ParaView where all
the OSX libraries are (copied most of it from the CMakeCache.txt file I
used successfully with VTK) but when making I get the error message:

/Develop/ParaView/Widgets/vtkKWView.cxx: In member function `int
    vtkKWView::ShouldIAbort()':
/Develop/ParaView/Widgets/vtkKWView.cxx:366: `XSync' undeclared (first
use this
    function)
/Develop/ParaView/Widgets/vtkKWView.cxx:366: (Each undeclared identifier is
    reported only once for each function it appears in.)
/Develop/ParaView/Widgets/vtkKWView.cxx:367: `XCheckIfEvent' undeclared
(first
    use this function)
make[3]: *** [vtkKWView.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Widgets] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

I know that XSync and XCheckIfEvent are X-windows calls, but I've put
the X windows library inclusions into the CMakeCache.txt file as:

//X11 extra flags.
CMAKE_X_CFLAGS:STRING= -I/usr/X11R6/include

//Libraries and options used in X11 programs.
CMAKE_X_LIBS:STRING=' -lSM -lICE  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext '

so I don't know why vtkKWView.cxx can't find them.  I even tried pasting
them into the Makefile in the Widgets directory to no avail.  Does
anyone have any info that could help me with this?  Thanks in advance.

--
Richard M. Gronostajski
Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry

Phone: 716-829-3471