[Paraview-developers] information_only property doesn't update, please help

iusadhfoias sidufasipudf asduifhssauidf at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:23:13 EDT 2018

Dear Utkarsh,
thank you very much for finally solving my problem. I wish, I could
understand the details of what is happening under the hood, so that I could
modify your example for our needs. But I assume it is asked too much
whether somebody could create a thoroughly commented wiki page from this
example, given that the information_only mechanism seems to be a mystery to
many users.

For example, we'd need the "Calculated Point" to line up below the "Input
Point" with the same styles, not as a different widget group with bold
heading above. Is it necessary to use a <PropertyGroup>, couldn't we just
use the same visual display as for the other <DoubleVectorProperty>?

Finally, what is this line doing, in words? "this->addPropertyLink(edit,
"text2", SIGNAL(textChanged(const QString&)), infoprop, cc);"
It seems like "edit" is the widget displaying the calculated point
coordinates. Is "edit" notifying "infoprop" or vice versa, or what's going
on here?
Unfortunately there is not even the shortest documentation for
pqPropertyWidget::addPropertyLink in the ParaView sources.

Many thanks,
Jussuf