[Paraview-developers] information_only property doesn't update, please help

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon May 28 14:58:08 EDT 2018

Jussuf,

Short answer, this is not how information only properties are mean to be
used. Attached example updates your code to instead use a custom-widget to
show the value.

Utkarsh

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 12:43 PM iusadhfoias sidufasipudf <
asduifhssauidf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello VTK developers,
> several questions about the correct usage of information_only properties
have been asked over the years, but I didn't find a working solution.

> The attached example is a complete, tiny, source plugin ("MyInfoSource")
for paraview 5.4.1. It generates an empty PolyData output. I am only
interested in modifying and showing the source's properties.

> MyInfoSource has 3 properties (cf. InfoSource.xml):
> 1) InputPoint allows to input three coordinates.
> 2) CalculatedPoint has 'information_only="1"' and will be calculated
whenever InputPoint is set.
> 3) ShowCalculatedPoint has 'information_property="CalculatedPoint"' and
is meant to output that calculated value.

> I am using a modified vtkInfoSource::SetInputPoint, which sets the
CalculatedPoint coordinates to twice the InputPoint coordinates whenever
InputPoint changes (cf. vtkInfoSource.cxx).

> I was expecting the "ShowCalculatedPoint" property to update in the
properties view, whenever I apply changes to InputPoint, but it doesn't
change. Only when I click "Restore application default setting values" for
MyInformationSource, then ShowCalculatedPoint shows twice the last value of
InputPoint.

> Can you reproduce this behaviour?
> What needs to be changed, so that ShowCalculatedPoint always shows twice
the InputPoint coordinates after changes are applied?

http://markmail.org/search/?q=Paraview-developers