[Paraview-developers] Editing filter parameters from OpenVR Plugin

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon May 21 09:19:22 EDT 2018

If you haven't already try adding a

  this->SMView->StillRender();

after you make your change.  If that doesn't work let me know. I think I
have a newer way of doing it on a local build.

Thanks!
Ken

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 10:08 AM, Jan Schutte <jan.o.schutte at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on an extensions to the OpenVR plugin that allows users
> to edit pipeline properties from inside VR.
> I'm able to read what properties filters and sources have, and I'm able to
> set these propterties but I haven't been able to
> update the pipeline and show the changes in the VR renderer.
>
> Here is an example from my code for setting a boolean value:
>
> vtkSMIntVectorProperty* ivp = vtkSMIntVectorProperty::
> SafeDownCast(this->property);
> int value = ivp->GetElement(0);
> if (value) {
> ivp->SetElement(0, 0);
> }
> else {
> ivp->SetElement(0, 1);
> }
>
> this->property->Modified(); // Does not work
> this->proxy->UpdateVTKObjects(); // Does not work
>
> As a test I try to set the *flip* property of a *clip* filter, I can see
> the checkmark changing in the GUI, but the change is
> not applied to the renderer and the apply button stay's inactive.
>
> What steps do I need to take in order to update the whole pipeline
> (similar to clicking apply in the desktop gui) apart from
> what I'm doing now?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Schutte

> Paraview-developers

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
101 East Weaver Street
Carrboro, North Carolina
27510 USA

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.