[Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.4.1 OpenGL error

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Nov 20 11:30:33 EST 2017

5.4 removed compatibility with the legacy GL backend. You will have to use
earlier tags to use it.

The new GL is unfortunately incompatible with the GL provided by the VM.
One workaround is to use mesa. This binary version (
https://github.com/pal1000/mesa-dist-win/releases/tag/17.2.4.500-1) worked
for me.
To use it, I dropped the dlls next to paraview.exe and set the
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE environment
variables as described in the wiki (https://github.com/pal1000/mesa-dist-win
).

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.