[Paraview-developers] Paraview offscreen rendering and graphical unit tests

Maxim Torgonskiy kriolog at gmail.com
Tue May 30 23:59:15 EDT 2017

Hello,

I need to launch paraview graphical tests in a docker image (debian
stretch). I'm trying to perform this with osmesa and I use its custom
version from the manual
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D) as well
as the libosmesa6-dev package. When I launch ctest with the default
paraview test directory, the 800 (rendering-related) tests from 2100
are failed. When I use cdash config from
https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=4918000 the situation
is approximately the same.
If it's possible, could you please share me the missing part of the
puzzle (your current docker image, custom test direcrory
[/home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/ExternalData], etc) so that I can
repeat the result presented on the cdash board? And is there any
method to check that osmesa actually works in docker itself and with
paraview. A quick google search gives me nothing.

Thanks,
Maxim