[Paraview-developers] Enabling view splitting in a custom PV app

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Jun 28 16:43:46 EDT 2017

Hi Utkarsh,

I fear that CMB has disabled view frame titlebar+decoration visibilty in some arcane manner.

> pqViewFrame will be automatically created if you create (and register)
> a RenderView proxy. Rather a Layout and then a RenderView proxy.

I added breakpoints to the pqFrame constructor and it is being created. But when I add breakpoints to the destructor, it is being called as well (before the first render) inside pqMultiViewWidget::reload().

> `pqDefaultViewBehavior` ensure a view is created when application
> starts up, FYI. Also look at other behaviors in `pqParaViewBehaviors`.
> You may also need `pqStandardViewFrameActionsImplementation`.

CMB creates a pqParaViewBehaviors instance. It was calling

  pqParaViewBehaviors::setEnableStandardViewFrameActions(false);

before creating an instance, but changing this to true had no effect on the view frame.

CMB does not explicitly create a layout proxy, and neither does it alter PV's XML ViewLayoutProxy. It just calls

  builder->createView(
    pqRenderView::renderViewType(),
    activeServer);

inside a slot named onServerCreationFinished. Should I be asking the builder to create a layout proxy first?

	Thanks,
	David