[Paraview-developers] Panel property visibility

Scott Wittenburg scott.wittenburg at kitware.com
Thu Jun 8 15:50:16 EDT 2017

Hi Michal,

cc-ing back to developers list, as there are others who may know more or
otherwise benefit from the discussion

>From my understanding, PropertyGroup is designed to provide a way to
customize how properties are displayed.  However, your properties must be
defined in more detail elsewhere, perhaps inside the same proxy xml
definition.  In your case, I would guess they are defined in the same
proxy, or else the PropertyGroup you shared in your original email was
inside an ExposedProperties element, but I didn't see that.  The detailed
property definition won't have the element name "Property", but rather,
something like "IntVectorProperty" for example.  But the "name" attribute
in the detailed definition will match up with the "name" attribute on your
Property within the PropertyGroup.

Can you try putting the "panel_visibility" attribute on that detailed
property definition instead of on the Property within the PropertyGroup and
let us know the results?

Hope this helps,
Scott