[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: Using "fusion" style on OsX by default

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Thu Jul 27 14:12:18 EDT 2017

I'd like to bring up that this change is going against current design
trends - i.e. towards 'flat' designs, with cleaner, less cluttered UI
elements.

It's why things take up more space. Utkarsh, I'd encourage you to run those
screenshots by our website designer, and see what reaction you get.

What I see - switching to the older buttons with drop shadows that mimic a
'physical' button makes the UI look it's age.

That being said, as a engineer I really don't mind what it looks like as
long as I can get it to do what I want, so I can see why you are interested
in the change.

Regards,
Aron