[Paraview-developers] Migration plugin from pqNamedObjectPanel to pqPropertyWidget

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Thu Jan 12 04:46:16 EST 2017

Hi

I am migrating my plugins from pqNamedObjectPanel to new pqPropertyWidget. I have 2 unsolved taskes in one of my more complicated filters left which I cannot figure out how to solve:

First Problem:

I have a small getterfunction with a text of my plugin filter which includes some information about the processing (computation time and a kind of fitness score during computation) wich I displayed in my old plugin widget of pqNamedObjectPanel in the overloaded updateInformationAndDomains() function:

void
pqMyFilter::updateInformationAndDomains()
{
    if(!this->proxy())
    {
        return;
    }

    vtkSMPropertyHelper oGetInfo(this->proxy(), "GetInfo");
    oGetInfo.UpdateValueFromServer();

    m_poInformation->setText( QString(oGetInfo.GetAsString()));
}

How can I do that with pqPropertyWidget? Or is there a better way (maybe somehow to bring it into the "Information" Tab instead of property tab....)

Second Problem:
I programmed a Attribute Array QTreeView of a certain kind of attributes of my inputs with checkboxes ( I only allow selection of attributes which are in all inputs). I already integrated it that it loads dynamically everything correct in constructor, but I miss a possibility of a callback/Qt Signal when input changes so that I can update that list..... any suggestions? In my old plugin I used

QObject::connect( proxy, SIGNAL( producerChanged(const QString&) ),
                      this, SLOT( updateMyList() ), Qt::QueuedConnection );

of the pqProxy proxy, but  now we use vtkSMProxy which does not have a producerChanged signal, any suggestions?

thanks

Gerald Lodron

Researcher of Machine Vision Applications Group
DIGITAL - Institute for Information and Communication Technologies

Steyrergasse 17, 8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

phone:   +43-316-876-1751
general fax: +43-316-876-1751
web: http://www.joanneum.at/digital