[Paraview-developers] vtkImageData Plugin, vtkImageData not rendered

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Mon Jan 9 04:20:58 EST 2017

Hi

I programmed successfully a plugin source wich generates a vtkImageData output and made it the same way as on my 3d cloud plugins of vtkPolyData. The source is inherited from vtkImageAlgorithm and only contains one output with unsigned char array and one component.

In the request data function of the filter I currently have a very dummy:

output->SetDimensions(oData.imgSizeX, oData.imgSizeY, 1);
output ->AllocateScalars(VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR, 1);
 memcpy(output ->GetScalarPointer(), &oData.imgData[0], oData.imgSizeX* oData.imgSizeY*sizeof(unsigned char));

in paraview I see in the information tab that  I have an uniform rectilinear grid with 1917201 cells and 1920000 points (image is 1600*1200px). In data Arrays I get an "ImageScalars" of unsigned char and a correct range of my memcopy data (my min max range is not 0,255 so data seems to be there)...

the problem is that I cannot see anything in the render view, any suggestions what I am making wrong? I tested all representation (slice, surface, outline, on Solid Color and on my array), never see anything.....

I also compared the Information tab on a loaded jpeg image and cannot see any difference (which is rendered in render view except the Array's string name), by the way: can I disable "MapScalars" by default?

I am using pv5.2

Gerald Lodron

Researcher of Machine Vision Applications Group
DIGITAL - Institute for Information and Communication Technologies

Steyrergasse 17, 8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

phone:   +43-316-876-1751
general fax: +43-316-876-1751
web: http://www.joanneum.at/digital