[Paraview-developers] Support for accentuated and special characters for filepath in ParaView

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Wed Feb 8 21:48:52 EST 2017

Hello

ParaView never supported opening file or directory with special character
in their name.
Some non-english native speaker have been requesting this for a long time,
and we are happy to announce that we now have support for it.

It works well in the different system we have been able to test it on, but
if anybody can try on other type of alphabet (Chinese, Russian, Korean),
please test it, especially on windows.

It has just been merged into ParaView master, so be sure to use the last
git master of ParaView for testing this.

Mathieu Westphal

PS : I've CC this mail to a few people who have expressed direct interest
to this feature.