[Paraview-developers] OSPRay, server-side, parallel

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 2 07:58:41 EST 2017

Hello folks

I have been trying to do some server-side OSPRay renderings. Am not sure of the state of the implementation. I am using the lastest git pull of ParaView and OSPRay. Have compiled OSPRay with Intel's icc compiler (17.0.1) with TBB. Have compiled ParaView with GNU. The system is haswell-based.

Trying different levels of concurrency in batch mode (1 pvserver per node, but several MPI-based pvservers), I am getting different images (different shadows). The zones were shadows are dimmer (or stronger) seem to follow diagonal lines. It's pretty curious.

another thing I have noticed is while in interactive mode with a GUI, moving the mouse results in the model being displaced widely across the screen, with empty regions popping up. On mouse release (still render), the model is shown in the right place. Interestingly, if I create a camera animation track (orbit), it all plays smoothly.

I'd be happy to share images, models, and scripts with developers. Let me know of your experience.

TIA

Jean/CSCS