[Paraview-developers] Reinitialization of Catalyst

thomasblome at startmail.com thomasblome at startmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:56:13 EDT 2017

Hi,

In my simulation programme one can reinput changed system data after
Catalyst has already been initialized to rerun the simulation with
modified data.
So, I guess the coprocessor has to be reinitialized too. That's why I
have tried something like:

// first run
call coprocessorinitializewithpython("coproc.py",9)
...some code...

// after reinput of new system data (same programme session)
call coprocessorfinalize()
call coprocessorinitializewithpython("coproc.py",9)

but the programme breaks during the second call to
coprocessorinitializewithpython().
The problem is that if I don´t finalize and/or initialize again, I get
error messages saying "New time step is not after last time step" and
so on.

I don´t want to exit the programme and restart it, just to get it
working.
What is the correct way to solve this?

Best regards,
Thomas