[Paraview-developers] accelerate ParaView graphics rendering speed

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 10:31:52 EDT 2017

Hi Aron,
Ofcourse, this helps!

I am trying to compile PV5.2 with the OSPray module (dependent on Mesa
libraries) and I am learning while I struggle to make it work.

No my HDD is not a SSD but it's a NFS mounted drive. I am not so bothered
about the I/O speed at this moment, but I sincerely hope that upgrading to
a newer version of PV will accelerate the rendering.

BTW, I have asked this question before in the forum. Is there any
implementation in PV in newer version which taken care some Qt
functionality using a background thread without making the GUI frozen. What
I mean, while I add some functionality to some button and press it to do
some operation, it always runs on the foreground and at that time
(operation is in progress), I can't use other PV functionalities. Has
anything changed in the newer version of PV?

Thanks again.
Kind regards,
Chiranjib