[Paraview-developers] accelerate ParaView graphics rendering speed

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Tue Apr 11 10:14:57 EDT 2017

Hi Chiranjib,
The 'legacy rendering backend' is referring to OpenGL 1.X support, which is
still hardware accelerated. However, you will probably get better
performance with the OpenGL 2 backend, which became the default in ParaView
5.2+. Can you upgrade?

On Linux, you also may have to take some extra steps to install graphics
drivers appropriate to your graphics card. If you can install those drivers
and confirm they are working, ParaView will use them automatically.

the disk it is stored on. If you want to speed that up, have you tried an
SSD?
Hope this helps,
Aron