[Paraview-developers] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Problems with mpi4py and SGI's mpt 2.14 version of MPI

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Apr 3 13:40:46 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 16:10:46 +0000, Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) wrote:
> The idea of reruning the Cython code generator so that it works with an
> arbitrary MPI,
> sounds like a good idea to me. I compile and install ParaView across a wide
> range of HPC systems,
> with many variations of MPI across all of them.
>
> Do you know what would be involved in implementing this?

First, it should be optional since requiring Cython is not something
we'd want to do in general or by default.

I don't know if mpi4py documents how to run cython to generate the
source files, but that would need investigation.

The third-party repo for mpi4py is here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/third-party/mpi4py

--Ben