[Paraview-developers] Problem visualizing CxxFullExample in Paraview

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sun Sep 18 10:50:51 EDT 2016

Hi Thomas,

The first error message is just telling you to use the Resample to Image
filter instead of the ImageResampling filter. The newer one is much more
efficient in parallel and thus we'll be getting rid of the old one soon.

The second error has to due with the fact that the original design of the
Live connection wasn't done to include "large" data sets and is focused on
polydata. The Live extraction downloads the full data set from the Catalyst
enabled simulation to the running pvserver (possibly the built-in server)
and for big data sets from big HPC runs this is probably not what the user
will normally want. At some point we'll probably need something like ADIOS
to make the transfer of this large data efficient but there hasn't been any
funding to work on that.

Best,
Andy