[Paraview-developers] Problem visualizing CxxFullExample in Paraview

thomasblome at startmail.com thomasblome at startmail.com
Sun Sep 18 07:32:03 EDT 2016

In both python scripts ("feslicecinema" and "feslicescript") I found a
line

coprocessor.EnableLiveVisualization(False)

where I changed the argument to True. As a result, during the
"CxxFullExampleTest" (first test) I can now visualize the simulation in
Paraview.
Only the second test, "CxxFullExampleCinemaTest", produces following
errors when I start a connection to Catalyst (output from within PV):

Warning: In
C:\Kitware\ParaView-v5.1.2\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\Core\vtkSMProxy.cxx,
line 879
vtkSMSourceProxy (00000189F59B6FE0): Proxy (filters, ImageResampling)
has been deprecated in ParaView 5.1 and will be removed by ParaView
5.2. Please use "Resample To Image" instead instead of
"ImageResampling" filter.

ERROR: In
C:\Kitware\ParaView-v5.1.2\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx,
line 810
vtkPVPostFilterExecutive (00000189F6464AB0): Input for connection index
0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkPVPostFilter(00000189F67780D0)
is of type vtkDataObject, but a vtkPolyData is required.

ERROR: In
C:\Kitware\ParaView-v5.1.2\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\Rendering\vtkSMParaViewPipelineControllerWithRendering.cxx,
line 549
vtkSMParaViewPipelineControllerWithRendering (00000189F4D94320): Data
cannot be shown in the defaulted render view!!

By the way, I am using Visual C++ 2010 and 2015 compilers (each
produced the same errors described in my last message).

Kind regards,
Thomas