[Paraview-developers] Filter/pipeline design question - any helpful hints?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sun Nov 6 10:28:21 EST 2016

Cornelis,

Option 2 is probably the easiest. As for each of the disadvantages for
that option you mention, here's some more info:

> However,
> now I have a problem with the independent coloring of the two parts: So far
> I did not find a way to say that part 1 should be colored according to
> attribute X and part 2 should be colored in black, white or whatever else I
> would define.

Multiple options for this:
1. For part 2, remove all attribute arrays. Now when you choose to
color by attribute X, since X is missing on part 2, ParaView will
simply color by the solid color set before choosing the attribute to
color with.
2. Use the "Multiblock Inspector" [a] to manually set the solid color
to use for specific part/block. When such a color is specified, the
attribute chosen is ignored. This does need to be set after each
filter application, however.

> Another disadvantage of the second option is the fact that it generates a
> much more complex geometrical setup.

Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Utkarsh

[a]: https://blog.kitware.com/color-multiblock-datasets/