[Paraview-developers] Help with advanced GUI for filter

Ellon Paiva ellonpaiva at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:56:00 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I got some advances with this interface but I still need some help. :-/

I noticed the Adding Customizations for Properties Panel
<http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_Customizations_for_Properties_Panel>
section in the HowTo and I decided to use the example from ParaView
source (Examples/Plugins/PropertyWidgets) as a base. I created the
interface using qt-creator and made it available to ParaView as the
property widget for a dummy plugin (see images attached). My questions
now are:

 1. How can I access the values set from on this widget in my filter
    class (which is a subclass of vtkPolyDataAlgorithm, see files
    attached)? When I was creating the interface using XML files only
    the changes were stored in filter attributes through Set/Get
    methods, and thus accessible into RequestData(), but I don't see how
    to do it from the widget I created now.
 2. The Apply button in the interface is does not change to enabled
    state automatically when changing the options in the widged. I tried
    to emit a changeFinished() signal but it didn't enable the Apply
    button. How can I achieve this behavior?
 3. I'm implementing the widget display logic inside the widget class.
    Is that OK or should I do it using pqPropertyWidgetDecorator? Is
    there any preferable way or doesn't matter?

I created a minimal example of what I'm trying to do in the
MinimalPlugin.tar.gz file attached, I image you'll be able to compile it
without problems. I included also the Qt Creator .pro file I'm using.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Regards,

Ellon