[Paraview-developers] Using OpenMP for custom plugins/filters

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 08:39:26 EST 2016

Michael,

The VTK-SMP approach is indeed the way to go for this. To make the
backend use OpenMP, you simply compile VTK/ParaView with
VTK_SMP_IMPLEMENTATION_TYPE set to OpenMP. The programming model
described in the SMP Guide PDF has been implemented for all supported
backends including OpenMP and TBB.

Utkarsh