[Paraview-developers] PVSM state file reader

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:10:48 EDT 2016

Hi Utkarsh,
Still something I am missing, but I can't figure out what is it.

Following is my intention:

1. (From my C++ application) Load an external .pvsm file --> Scan through
all the objects in the pipeline (this part works in PV GUI extension).

2. instead of using the pqLoadStateReaction can I directly load the file
like this :

   std::string pvsm_file = "myOwn.pvsm";
   QString qstr = QString::fromStdString(pvsm_file); // converts
std:;string to QString

      pqApplicationCore*    core =  pqApplicationCore::instance();
   pqServer* server;
   vtkSMStateLoader* loader;
   core->loadState( pvsm_file.c_str(), server, loader);

If I do that, the program operated normally (no seg fault), but I can't
build the servermanager model using the pqApplicationcore, the program give
me a seg fault if  I do

pqServerManagerModel* sm = core->getServerManagerModel();

3. I need this pqServerManagerModel to use it later for scanning through
the pipeline of objects as I see them in PV.

Any help?

Thanks,
Chiranjib