[Paraview-developers] Paraview Scene Graph

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Dec 12 11:18:30 EST 2016

Mohamed,

You should do this with "Group Datasets". Group your children nodes
together, then apply a Transform filter to the group. You can further
group the Transform filters to apply additional rotations to the
higher level grouping as you would expect in a scene graph.

This won't be as efficient as applying a transform at every scene
graph level in the GPU, for example, but it should provide you some
basic scene graph capabilities.

HTH,
Cory

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:04 AM, Mohamed Anis BOURIGA
<mohamedanis.bouriga at ardia.com.tn> wrote:
> Hello ParaView World,
>

>  I'm working on a project that uses extensively the concept of "scene graph"
> where a modification on a parent node is propagated to children nodes. The
> scene consists of relatively big number of objects. For example, I want that
> when applying a rotation to the root node, the rotation is perceived by all
> the children.
>

>  I tried using the pipeline architecture of paraview with the transform
> filter. Unfortunately, it appears that this causes a huge problem of
> performance.
>

>  My idea was to use the transforming parameters in the advanced panel that
> appears to apply the modifications almost instantly. The problem with that
> is that transformations are not perceived by children nodes. Correct me if
> I'm wrong but, I think that those transformations are applied to vtkActors
> associated with the objects and not the objects data.
>

>  So my question is : Is there a way to propagate the transformations to
> children nodes efficiently?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Mohamed Anis Bouriga.

Cory Quammen