[Paraview-developers] Forwarding optional input port to subproxy

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Dec 9 13:45:32 EST 2016

Hi list,

I'm trying to add the ability to use a custom dataset as a glyph source in
for the default glyph/geometry representation, and I'm stuck at the XML
part.

How things are currently arranged:

Glyph3DRepresentation has a GlyphType InputProperty, which is controlled by
a ProxyListDomain that contains various polydata SourceProxies.

The GeometryRepresentation has a Glyph3DRepresentation SubProxy.

It looks like I'd need some way to:

1) Specify that the GlyphType's ProxyListDomain should use an input
connection as valid input.

2) Add an optional input connection to GeometryRepresentation that is
picked up by Glyph3DRepresentation and used for the GlyphType input when
the ProxyListDomain is set to "use input" from (1).

Do these pieces exist, or are there other ways to do this?

BTW, I'm aware of the custom glyph filter, but that won't work in this
scenario -- we need the glyphing to happen at render-time without creating
a massive glyphed polydata object in-memory.

Dave