[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: osmesa version of ParaView

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Dec 1 15:50:44 EST 2016

The remote Linux box does not allow a GLX context at all? or it does now
allow forwarding of a GLX context? or maybe it doesn't have a local xserver
running at all.

The same strategy with EGL might work too. Create an EGL OpenGL renderer,
copy the resulting images to the forwarded xwindow.

Having osmesa built in as well would be a great backup, I just thought
there were challenges with that. But maybe they have been fixed. That
approach would also end up rendering and then copying to a remoted Xwindow.
So all three approaches share the same basic last step of take an image in
memory and copy to an xwindow.