[Paraview-developers] Reading multiple files in parallel

sumeet kumar sumeet.kumar507 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:54:04 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have a number of files which contains information about pieces of
unstructured mesh. For example :-

t_2.h5.01.feioutput
t_2.h5.03.feioutput
t_2.h5.04.feioutput
t_2.h5.05.feioutput
t_2.h5.06.feioutput
t_2.h5.07.feioutput
t_2.h5.08.feioutput
t_2.h5.09.feioutput
t_2.h5.feioutput

My reader can read each file individually but I want to read them all in
parallel so that I can visualize the whole model. I looked at the
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Writing_ParaView_Readers and followed the
steps for unstructured mesh.

When I try to set the number of pieces in Request Information function as
this

vtkInformation* Node_Mesh = outVec->GetInformationObject(0);
Node_Mesh->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(),
10);

I get the following error

error: ‘MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES’ is not a member of
‘vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline’

Node_Mesh->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(),
10);

Also, it would be highly appreciated if anyone could show/(send me link) me
to a sample example.

Regards
Sumeet

--