[Paraview-developers] Reader for point cloud stored on custom binary file

Ellon Paiva ellonpaiva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:27:14 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a Reader that reads a point cloud stored in a
binary file, where each point consists into 4 floats (x,y,z,reflectance).

Firstly I tried the Programable source with the code in the attached
file. The drawback is having to change the path by hand everytime, but
that was the solution I found at the moment. It worked ok for some
files, but for others it didn't. You can download the files where it
worked and where it didn't here: worked
<http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=56224585819122719005>,
didntwork_01
<http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=72597317895641482875>,
didntwork_02
<http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=48480662279032937962>

When it didn't work at times it looked like I had two different point
clouds oriented perpendicular each other or I was reading one component
wrongly (reflectance as x). Does anyone knows what's going wrong? Also,
this code creates a single cell with all vertices. How could I do it
with one cell per vertex?

Best regards,
Ellon