[Paraview-developers] Using vtkPUnstructuredGridGhostCellsGenerator

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Apr 12 07:12:40 EDT 2016

I tried running benchmarks yesterday with my reader, and a model that came close, but was not not quite as big as yours. I have several models with 300-400 millions cells. Using the GhostCellGenerator turning OFF the "use GlobalNodeIds" option would always crash, so I could not compare execution with and without it. I tried with different core counts ranging from 24x8 to 48*8 cores. Memory usage before applying the filter would show 20Gb out of 32Gb (per node) used, so I don't think I was crashing on out-of-memory errors.

I have global Ids which are all consecutive, so I cannot answer your 2nd question, but my feeling is that uniqueness is the only necessary condition.

Jean M. Favre
Swiss National Supercomputing Center
CH-6900 Lugano
Switzerland