[Paraview-developers] How to activate (selectively if possible ?) debug traces when using ParaView ?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Apr 5 19:48:00 EDT 2016

In practise, I have never found the debug message printed by setting
SetDebug(1) on any vtkObject useful.

Instead, I'd suggest just using a debugger, even if that means
rebuilding as "Debug". Especially if it's a segfault, the call stack
for the segfault is generally useful in spotting the issue. You can
also try passing "--enable-bt" as a command line argument to dump out
the call stack on segfault to the output terminal.