[Paraview-developers] Home make plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Sep 29 09:37:47 EDT 2015

Chiranjib,

In your build directory do this:

> cd paraview/src/paraview-build
> make

Now when the it fails, post that error. Your ParaView build is failing
and that's what's causing the problem. BTW "make -i" simply ignores
build errors so you'll only get more and more convoluted error
messages that will keep you focusing away from the root problem.

Utkarsh

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Chiranjib Sur <sur.chiranjib at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>                  from
>> /glb/home/incsu0/ir1/SPH/ParaView-4.4-SuperBuild/Sept-29/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Utilities/Python/vtkPython.h:79,
>>                  from
>> /glb/home/incsu0/ir1/SPH/ParaView-4.4-SuperBuild/Sept-29/paraview/src/paraview-build/VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtkPVServerManagerCorePythonInit.cxx:2:
>>
>> /glb/home/incsu0/ir1/SPH/ParaView-4.4-SuperBuild/Sept-29/install/include/python2.7/modsupport.h:27:
>> warning: ?PyArg_ParseTuple? is an unrecognized format function type
>> Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/vtkPVServerManagerCorePython.so
>> [ 78%] Built target vtkPVServerManagerCorePython
>> gmake[4]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
>> gmake[3]: *** [all] Error 2
>> gmake[3]: Target `default_target' not remade because of errors.
>> CMake Error at
>> /glb/home/incsu0/ir1/SPH/ParaView-4.4-SuperBuild/Sept-29/pv-paraview-build.cmake:33
>> (message):
>>   Failed with exit code 2
>>

>> To start with I was trying to build the following components
>>
>> [  8%] Built target bzip2
>> [ 17%] Built target zlib
>> [ 25%] Built target freetype
>> [ 33%] Built target libxml2
>> [ 40%] Built target fontconfig
>> [ 48%] Built target szip
>> [ 55%] Built target hdf5
>> [ 62%] Built target mpi
>> [ 70%] Built target png
>> [ 77%] Built target python
>> [ 85%] Built target numpy
>> [ 93%] Built target qt5
>> [ 93%] Performing update step for 'paraview'
>> Already on 'master'
>> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
>> [ 94%] Performing configure step for 'paraview'
>> -- Setting build type to 'Debug' as none was specified.
>>

>> Any clue how to handle this?
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Felipe Bordeu
>> <felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr> wrote:

>>> Hi Utkarsh,
>>>
>>> for the moment I have this:
>>>
>>> I modified the ParaView Super Build  sources :
>>>     add the line "include(pxdmfreader)" to the CMakeLists.txt
>>>     and add a revision in the file versions.cmake
>>> ("add_customizable_revision(pxdmfreader...")
>>>
>>> add 2 file the Project directory (in the way as the vistrails plugin)
>>>     pxdmfreader.cmake
>>>     install_pxdmfreader.cmake
>>>
>>> the install_pxdmfreader.cmake is responsible of making the zip files.
>>>

>>> Now I configure the super build and I enable the plugin. The plugin is
>>> compiled and a zip/tar.gz is generated (tested in linux/osx)
>>>
>>> is this the correct way to go???
>>> is this enough to be compatible with the binary version of ParaView??
>>>
>>> It is normal that every time I type 'make' in the superbuild build
>>> directory a configuration process (cmake) on the
>>> paraview/src/paraview-build/ is executed?? This is verry slow. I made
>>> changes only in my plugin.
>>>
>>> Now I'm working in detecting/building the dependencies correctly (blas,

>>> Fax. : 33 (0)2 40 74 74 06