[Paraview-developers] Random crashes

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sat Sep 26 22:23:08 EDT 2015

Hi John,

I haven't seen this problem in 4.4, but long ago I did see a problem like
this and it was caused by me forgetting to run 'git submodule update' in
one of my ParaView source directories on either the client or server
machine. I'm not sure if that is the case for you, but it's a possibility.

Cheers,
Cory

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch>
wrote:

> When I work with remote data in parallel and I click and rotate several
> times in quick succession, the server frequently shuts down and the log
> shows (below)
>
> I’m using 4.4 – is anyone else having problems of this kind?
>
> Yours
>
> JB
>
> ERROR: In /gpfs/
> bbp.cscs.ch/home/biddisco/src/paraview/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
> line 875
> vtkSocketCommunicator (0x2ec39a0): Tag mismatch: got 1, expecting 22222.
>
> ERROR: In /gpfs/
> bbp.cscs.ch/home/biddisco/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows.cxx,
> line 1125
> vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows (0x31c6420): Mismatch is render windows on
> different processes. Aborting for debugging purposes.

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.