[Paraview-developers] Random crashes

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Sat Sep 26 18:12:55 EDT 2015

When I work with remote data in parallel and I click and rotate several times in quick succession, the server frequently shuts down and the log shows (below)

I’m using 4.4 – is anyone else having problems of this kind?

Yours

JB

ERROR: In /gpfs/bbp.cscs.ch/home/biddisco/src/paraview/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, line 875
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x2ec39a0): Tag mismatch: got 1, expecting 22222.

ERROR: In /gpfs/bbp.cscs.ch/home/biddisco/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows.cxx, line 1125
vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows (0x31c6420): Mismatch is render windows on different processes. Aborting for debugging purposes.