[Paraview-developers] H5Part and H5Hut

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Sep 9 07:30:07 EDT 2015

Amit

The only requirement for H5Part files is that the x,y,z arrays and field arrays are in the correctly named groups for each timestep inside the hdf5 file. the h5part library is just a very thin wrapper around hdf5 so you can write h5part files with any ode that can write hdf5, including python etc. just the group/dataset names that matter. all h5part does is set this up for you and provide a simple api for the parallel regions.

I have not used h5hut, but h5part version anything should write out data you can read. I would imagine that h5hut will also work if you tell it to write particle data and not volume fields.

inside pv-meshless there is a vtkH5PartWriter that you can try if your data is in vtk compatible form already.

the pv-4.4 branch of pv-meshless was used recently, so it should work.

JB