[Paraview-developers] CGNS reader fails with hdf5 files

Nicolas Edh nicolas.forsberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:52:25 EDT 2015

Hi,

I've noticed that the ParaView crashes when I read a CGNS file which uses
hdf5 format. If the files is stored using CGNS own ADF they are read just
fine. The only error message I get is a segmentation fault.

Example files from CGNS are available at
http://cgns.sourceforge.net/CGNSFiles.html .

I've built paraview from superbuild commit
cbf5643cbf5e35c77c2cce308c3e5d6048d404da. On Ubuntu 14.04.

I had ENABLE_cgns=ON and ENABLE_visitbridge=OFF and i looks like the I use
the internal reader, not the one from Visit.

Has CGNS files been tested when they used HDF5 or is this a bug in the
reader?

On a side note. Is there any one working on polyhedra support in the reader
using NGON_n and FACE_n element_t types?

Best Regards
Nicolas