[Paraview-developers] Reading files as Times steps, short question

RIVERA ROLDAN, Jorge Orlando Orlando.RIVERA at mtu.de
Wed Jul 29 08:51:26 EDT 2015

Dear  Paraview Developers

I have a quick , and most probably already asked, question

I have a bunch of  files
File1.txt
File2.txt….

Or
File0.5.txt
File1.0.txt
File1.5txt ….

In the first case, is the time step number one , number two …
In the second case , is  time 0.5s, time 1.s , time 1.5 sec ….

My reader is actually reading each file well,  how to tell paraview to open then  as a series , and set the time steps

I was looking at something similar  , and the key would be in the xml to add  a proxy group ? something like :

<ProxyGroup name="sources">
    <SourceProxy name=”MyReader"
                           class="vtkFileSeriesReader"
                                           si_class="vtkSIFileSeriesReaderProxy"
                           file_name_method="SetFileName">….

Still I don’t know how to  adapt that to my case ,

Do you have any pointer to me , example or documentation

Any Help would be greatly appreciated  !

Orlando

--
MTU Aero Engines AG
Vorstand/Board of Management: Reiner Winkler, Vorsitzender/CEO; Dr. Rainer Martens, Michael Schreyoegg

Diese E-Mail sowie ihre Anhaenge enthalten MTU-eigene vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte den Absender und loeschen Sie diese
E-Mail sowie die Anhaenge. Das unbefugte Speichern, Kopieren oder Weiterleiten ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail and any attached documents are proprietary to MTU, confidential or protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
Any unauthorised storing, copying or distribution is prohibited.