[Paraview-developers] Update: Upcoming ParaView Releases (4.4 and 5.0)

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael m.schlottke-lakemper at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 17 23:21:24 EDT 2015

Hi Utkarsh,

For those of us maintaining our own ParaView builds (and also our own set of custom-built plugins), it would be great if you can provide a document specifically outlining breaking changes in v5.0 for the Plugin API, differences in required library versions or different flags for compiling ParaView etc. Comments on changes for compiling with OSMesa (if any) are also welcome.

Other than that, kudos for following the dual approach with releasing 4.4/5.0 simultaneously. This is certainly going to make things much easier for us in the transition process, as it allows us to verify if things breaking on our side are due to new features or due to the new backend.

Regards,

Michael
--
Michael Schlottke-Lakemper

SimLab Highly Scalable Fluids & Solids Engineering
Jülich Aachen Research Alliance (JARA-HPC)
RWTH Aachen University
Wüllnerstraße 5a
52062 Aachen
Germany