[Paraview-developers] Individual glyphs per point

anton.piccardo-selg at stfc.ac.uk anton.piccardo-selg at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 12:06:00 EST 2015

Hi,

I am currently writing a  filter for our ParaView customization. I am running into a conceptual issue when I try to connect my vtkDataSet with ellipsoidal glyphs.

Our vtkDataSet  contains VTK_VERTEX cells. Each point corresponds to some data which I would like to represent with an Ellipsoid, essentially representing our data. This ellipsoid is different for each point.

The entire data set can be set to one type of ellipsoid-glyph, via:
vtkPVGlyphFilter *glyphFilter = vtkPVGlyphFilter::New();
glyphFilter->SetInputData(myInputVtkDataSet);
glyphFilter->SetSourceConnection(myOneEllipsoid->GetOutputPort());
glyphFilter->Update();
myVtkPolyData->ShallowCopy(glyphFilter->GetOutput());

But I am puzzeled how I could set a each point in the vtkDataSet to its individual glyph. If anyone has an idea  or opinon about how this can be implemented,  I would be happy to hear about it.

Many thanks and best regards,

Anton