[Paraview-developers] Can the size of SliceAnnotations in the Orthographic Slice View be changed?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Dec 4 15:08:48 EST 2015

Hi Anton,

You would have to modify the source files
ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVOrthographicSliceView.{h,cxx}
to add a public member function that sets the font size. You would have to
forward this to the internal SliceAnnotations list with something like

for (int cc = 0; cc < 3; ++cc)
{

this->SliceAnnotations[cc]->GetTextActor()->SetFontSize(this->AnnotationFontSize);
}

where this->AnnotationFontSize is a new member variable in
vtkPVOrthographicSliceView. After that, you would need to modify

ParaViewCore/ServerManager/SMApplication/Resources/views_and_representations.xml

to expose the new AnnotationFontSize property in the
OrthographicSliceViewProxy entry. This would be a new IntVectorProperty.

Would you be interested in submitting a patch that does this? Instructions
are at

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Thanks,
Cory

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:05 PM, <anton.piccardo-selg at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to edit the font size of
> SliceAnnotations in the Orthographic Slice View. I had a look in the State
> xml file, but the only setting which appears to be available is a  bool
> flag for displaying these annotations.
>
> Hence my question: Is it possible to customize the size of these
> annotations and if so, where can I hook into this feature in ParaView?
>
> Many thanks and best regards,
>
> Anton

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer