[Paraview-developers] ParaViewWeb for Windows

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Apr 13 10:25:33 EDT 2015

Hi Christian,

For ParaView 4.2+:
- You are facing an issue that we did not stream out yet with Windows. It
is possible to build you own ParaView with Web support on Windows, but you
will need extra steps and some native dependency such as the win32api for
python at build time.
- But if instead, you are using our binaries, the Windows' one don't
provide ParaViewWeb as we didn't wanted to embed that extra dependency.
Hence your issue.

1) It is not the speed but the capabilities and flexibilities that got
improved here. (Volume rendering, render view settings, more filter
support...)
2) If you look at the 4.3 version, inside the index.html file, you will see
what is done to do exactly that. For 4.1, it should be similar but less
clear.
3)
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/ubuntu_14_04

Good luck,