[Paraview-developers] BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF and plugins in 4.2.0 rc1

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Sep 26 09:20:29 EDT 2014

I am trying to test a private plugin with static builds.

For ease of use (I thought), I placed my plugin in the same place at the other PV plugins, i.e. in /path-to-source-code/Plugins, and I followed the same syntax as H5PartReader or GMVReader

I have both a shared_libs and a static builds in seperate places. Both of them build and place my plugin in the $CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/paraview-4.2 directories/libprivate.so and
$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/paraview-4.2 directories/libprivate.a in the other install place for the static build.

I can load and use my plugin with the shared_libs build. I see it in the GUI and can load it. I can also load it in python via LoadPlugin("...",  ns=globals()) for pvbatch use.

The questions related to the static build.

1) I cannot see my plugin in the GUI, although it is in the same place as H5PartReader and GMVReader for example.
2) I can't figure out how to load any plugins (I also need libEyeDomeLightingView.a ) via LoadPlugin()

Any tip?