[Paraview-developers] pqObjectInspector

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Oct 22 14:11:04 EDT 2014

John,

Speaking of the "gear" thingy -- while it's believable there are bugs,
it's less likely since it's widely used and no one reported any issues
with it so far. Just to make sure we're clear in our expectations from
it, let me explain some of the usage details:

1. There are basically 2 types of properties -- advanced and default.
2. When the "gear" is pressed, all properties including the properties
labeled default or advanced are shown. When the "gear" is unpressed,
only the default properties are shown.
3. The search box is used to search for properties -- all properties,
including advanced and default, irrespective of the gear state. As
soon as you start typing, the gear gets disabled to indicate that it
doesn't matter what "mode" the panel was in, all properties are now
being searched.
4. The search matches the text typed with the label used for the
properties. Only those properties that have label text matching the
typed text will be shown, if there's non-empty text in the search box.

Utkarsh