[Paraview-developers] Specifying HiResLineSource to StreamTracer

Panos Asproulis panos.asproulis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:32:48 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to write code to create a streamline plot using the
StreamTracer filter. The problem I have is the following: the
StreamTracer filter receives as seed points a set of points created
either by "PointSource" (extended_source) object or the
"HiResLineSource" alternative. The default is "PointSource" so in the
following code:

   pqPipelineSource* streamFilter = builder->createFilter("filters",
"StreamTracer", namedInputs,
       paraview->getActiveServer());

   pqSMProxy sourceProxy =
pqSMAdaptor::getProxyProperty(streamProxy->GetProperty("Source"));

std::cout << sourceProxy->GetXMLName() << std::endl;

the object sourceProxy is indeed a "PointSource" object. How can I
specify to the StreamTracer filter that I want it to use the
"HiResLineSource" object instead? Do I need to create it? Is it
available somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Panos