[Paraview-developers] IceT compositing in paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 30 11:37:06 EDT 2014

John,

If I understand correctly, you are looking to either turn off the IceT compositing since you are doing it yourself or to use IceT to composite using your custom operator.

IceT supports a mode that will in effect turn off compositing. I think the ParaView representation/view classes support turning this on for the case when geometry is collected. Utkarsh would know better than me how to turn this on in ParaView.

The second mode of using IceT with your custom composite operation is not directly supported, yet. Currently IceT only supports the hard coded operations of Z compare and alpha blending. That said, adding a custom compositing mode should be pretty straightforward. I'd be willing to add that core capability to IceT if someone else was willing to add corresponding changes to the ParaView code.

-Ken

Sent from my iPad so blame autocorrect.